Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Long-awaited Visit from the Tooth Fairy


Eva lost her first tooth! We were all beginning to wonder if it would ever happen. At her last checkup, the dentist said that if she didn't have a loose tooth within 6 months, we'd need to get some special x-rays to find out if she had any adult teeth. Last week, I overheard Eva talking with one of her 7-year-old friends. The friend said, "You haven't lost any teeth? I've lost nine!" Eva hung her head low and said, "Everybody says that." But lo and behold, on October 13, 2009, Eva lost a tooth! I've never seen a kid so proud of a tooth before.

3 comments:

kate n. said...

Hooray for Eva!! And I bet she didn't even swallow it.
Spencer totally reminds me of my boys - always trying to poke their heads into everyone elses pictures.

Jon and Becky said...

Congratulations! Lose the rest and you'll be in great shape to get some sparkly dentures for the Homecomine dance!

Jon and Becky said...

Yes. Homecomine.