Saturday, April 3, 2010

April: National Poetry Month!

To kick off National Poetry Month, here's a little Ogden Nash:

Tell me, O Octopus, I begs,
Is those things arms, or is they legs?
I marvel at thee, Octopus;
If I were thou, I'd call me Us.

Pretty, pretty eggs.
I saw you toss the kites on high
And blow the birds about the sky;
And all around I heard you pass,
Like ladies' skirts across the grass--
O wind, a-blowing all day long,
O wind, that sings so loud a song!
-Robert Louis Stevenson


Ever hung out with your son in the backyard, flushing pig intestine out with a garden hose? Ah, that's what memories are made of.


At the grocery store this week, Rebecca had a fashion revelation: grocery bags would make perfect tank tops! Here's the family fashion show. Check out those tank tops!



And then she innovated makeup.



2 comments:

Jon and Becky said...

Little boys with stabs and cuts,
sticking licking piggy guts.
Terrys old and Terrys newish.
All quite faithful, but not Jewish.

Rachel Tolman Terry said...

Nice tight rhyme-scheme, Jon. Can you write one with a rhyme for "Intestine"?