Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ben!

 We tried a new restaurant I'd heard good things about. It's called La Casita de Durango. They brought us a dish of melted cheese. You can see it dripping from Ben's chip. There's nothing like a big platter of melted cheese. Spencer adored his grilled cheese sandwich. It's all about cheese. And ice cream, which leads us to the rest of the pictures.
 Spencer did two math assignments yesterday. He got 95% on one, and 96% on the other. He looks happy, doesn't he?
 Ben got a new ice cream maker for his birthday and a Ben & Jerry's cookbook. Last night Ben and Eva made maple walnut ice cream from the Ben & Jerry's cookbook. I didn't realize when I buying all that heavy whipping cream that I was sabotaging the birthday cake I made him (traditional mint ice cream pie). I hate to say it, but it was hard to eat that mint ice cream pie after just a spoonful of homemade maple walnut ice cream. How are we going to get rid of all that mint ice cream pie? I never thought I would say such a thing.
 This is what happens when I try to take a picture without using the flash. It's called photo airbrushing. Now you can't see if he even has eyeballs, but the candles look totally awesome.
Should have just stuck a candle in a bowl of maple walnut.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Yuuuumm! The ice cream sounds amazinge! Happy birthday big brother!

Linda Terry said...

i don't think a terry knows how to have a birthday without ice cream pie. even if you're maxed out on ice cream, there's something to say about keeping tradition alive.

Ben Terry said...

It looks like I'm leaning in that last picture.