Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Poopsy, Silly Fruit, and Clotheslines

We just couldn't help stopping in at the pet store to see Poopsy. The kids held and held her until I pulled them away. I wonder which lucky family will take Poopsy home. I made sure Rocco was out of the room when I pulled these pictures off the camera. It would hurt his feelings, for sure.
I ate lots of these morsels while we were in China but thought I would never see them again. Imagine my surprise when I saw them at the Pacific Ocean Marketplace yesterday. I don't know what they're called, so we call them Silly Fruit. Does anyone know what they're called? The flesh is translucent white and has the texture of jello.

I picked up another habit in China. It's called Hanging Clothes on the Line. I had never before considered Hanging Clothes on the Line. In fact, our last two homeowner's associations classified Hanging Clothes on the Line as a subversive activity, so I thought there was something morally, or at the very least, socially questionable about it. But now that I've tried it, I'm hooked. The clothes are so straight when they dry that my iron may get a bit lonely. Plus, my mouth just about waters when I think of all the kilowatt hours I don't have to pay for.


5 comments:

Becky said...

Is it lychee? I remember eating that in Taiwan.

kate n. said...

And I bet your clothes dry just as fast as they did in China too!

Linda Terry said...

dad has always said the clothes dryer is the biggest energy user. wow, with all the money you'll be saving, you can come visit us in ukraine!

Rachel Tolman Terry said...

Good job, Becky! You must be right because my father-in-law and you both called the Silly Fruit the same thing.

Look out, Ukraine.

Ben Terry said...

You should mention how Poopsy got his name.