Monday, September 20, 2010

Broomfield Days

You may think I'm making this up, but I'm actually quite good at walking on stilts. I didn't know it until Saturday when I tried walking on stilts at Broomfield Days. I can go forward and backward and sideways, and I can even do a little cha cha cha. It's comforting to know I have some marketable skills in case I ever need to join the circus.
The petting zoo was a real hit, even though it smelled bad.


Yumeng liked the parade. Here she is in front of the Shriners. Why do Shriners like cars so much?

Rebecca and her friend Jolie had been planning on selling ice cream at Broomfield Days for months. They got permission to use Sister Olsen's lawn, which is a perfect location. How could they have known that it would be 58 degrees? It's been hot and sunny all summer, including the day right before their ice cream stand. And the day after their ice cream stand, Denver broke a heat record with a scorching 96 degrees. It's just not fair.

No comments: