Monday, June 22, 2009

Summertime, and the livin' is easy

This is what happens when you cook chicken in a glass pan, take it out of the oven, and neglect to supervise the innocent passerby who drops an ice cube into the pan "to see what happens." It explodes with a loud popping noise. Glass shoots all over the kitchen, and everyone screams. Do not try this at home.
These are Spencer's recreations of Wall-E, Eve, and M-O. Eva helped.
The Terrys and Tenaglias had a recital recently. It was a lovely evening of music, cake, pie, and conversation.
I don't know why I never thought of this when I was a kid. If it gets too hot while you're playing outside, just run an extension cord from the house to a window fan strategically placed near the sidewalk where you've set up your toys.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm dying to know who the "innocent passerby" was. Hmmm....

Rachel Tolman Terry said...

Well, the innocent passerby is not the youngest and doesn't have a Y chromosome.

Jon and Becky said...

If I didn't know that Jon had been here with me at the time I might have guessed him :)